21 October, 2009

Quest for Knowledge

Blake and I have emerged ourselves in a typhoon of information. Struggling to gather as much of this information as possible and cram it into our heads only to be expected to recall said information at a moments notice. How are we handling our said adventure? Our heads are held high, our shoulders back and we fake a confidence that will see us through to the end. Our days are repetitive, and slightly mundane; mine is spent in a practice room where i shlep my way through pages of music, labeling this as R and this as L, remembering to keep my hands low and my sound even. Others may hear the repetitive"1e&a 2e&a" under my breath only to be answered by that dadatdada of a snare drum, while preparing for an ensemble rehersal. Most of my daily confersations are with myself arguing over how this or that is to be played. The dual personality of teacher vs. students dialoge playing in my head.

Blake on the other hand spends his day surrounded by 97 other students trying to make there way through slides of information and the constant dialoge of professor after professor after professor. only to be left with hours upon hours of processing the information and understanding course objectives. The evenings are spent hunched over a lap top and surrounded by books. The hours of the day becoming shorter as the information becomes exponentially larger.

No comments:

Post a Comment