13 August, 2009

A McMinnville Excursion

Last Saturday, Jamie and I had an excursion to McMinnville, Oregon. Jamie wanted to buy some Maurices' pants, and according to our GPS, this was the closest location. We had a good time seeing the country, and the several little towns as we drove. There was one in particular we found to be comical, by the name of Yamhill. We thought this was very original, and wondered where the hill of yams were. Also we wondered if they were close to blueberry hill, yet as luck would have it, we were unable to spot either one. We eventually found Maurices, and pants too so that was exciting. Later we ate lunch at Dairy Queen (my personal request) while there we saw a 1950 Chevy Deluxe car just like my old car. Yeah, I was really excited. I look forward to cruising around in my old car with Jamie, someday. It was quite the trip!

1 comment:

  1. I think Beverly Cleary is from Yamhill. At least, there is a vague recollection of reading her memoir and it was called "A Girl from Yamhill" or something like unto it.

    Glad you guys had a fun road trip!

    ReplyDelete